Biomass Boilersfor Homeowners
Biomass boilers are similar to conventional gas boilers, providing space heating and hot water, but instead of using gas or oil to produce the heat, they combust sustainably sourced wood pellets, chips or logs.
- A stove burns logs or pellets to heat a single room, and maybe fitted with a back boiler to provide water heating.
- A boiler burns logs, pellets or chips and is connected to central heating and hot water system.
Biomass boilers are eligible on the Green Deal finance Scheme, meaning installation costs can be covered by a Green Deal finance or personal loan, and paid back over time through the savings on your energy bills. In addition you will be entitled for payments through the Renewable Heat Incentive.
Why consider a biomass boiler?
- You can save up to £650 a year by replacing your old boiler
- You can reduce your CO2 emissions by up to 1400kg
- You can receive up to £3390 annual payments through the Renewable Heat Incentive (at a tariff of 12.2p/kWh). For more info click here.
- Biomass is a carbon neutral fuel; the carbon dioxide emitted whilst burning is equal to the carbon dioxide absorbed over the months/years that the plant was growing.
- The government’s sustainability criteria will ensure all installations meet their environmental objectives, by providing real time declarations or evidence that fuel is sourced from a registered biomass supplier and biomass is replenished with new growth as it is harvested.
- Approximately 8.5 million tonnes of wood goes into UK landfill every year, which could in fact be used for biomass boilers, providing sustainable heat and hot water.
Did you know that your boiler accounts for around 60% of your annual energy bill? Call us today on 0800 849 8110 to find out how much money you could save by replacing your boiler.
For further information on costs, savings and benefits of biomass boilers, visit the Energy Saving Trust link by clicking here.